The Ten Commandments in the Quran from Allah Almighty
Islam is the best religion of Allah Almighty for all human beings of this world. Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is the last messenger of religion Islam and Quran is the last sacred Holy book which was revealed on Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
The Holy Quran affirms everything that was revealed in prophets before last messenger Muhammad (PBUH). It is a part of the faith of Muslims to believe in all Prophets and the Holy Books revealed to them. Allah Almighty says to Prophet Muhammad (SAW) to inform them: “I have come to you, to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.” (Quran, 3:50)
Allah Almighty mentioned the Ten Commandments in the Holy Quran for Muslims that we all should follow and implement in our daily life routine. These commandments prohibit the major sins of idolatry, impiety, and disrespect for parents, murder, theft, adultery, false witness, and envy. These commandments are among the core teachings of Islam that are taught to children in their early age. Below we will discuss the Ten Commandments mentioned in the Quran from Allah Almighty.
- You should believe in one Lord only. Allah Almighty commands in Noble Quran: “And your GOD is the One God: there is no deity save Him, the Most Gracious, the Dispenser of Grace.” (Quran,2:163)
- Do not involve anyone else in the worship of Allah Almighty. It is said in the Holy Quran: “The Originator [is He] of the heavens and the earth. He has given you mates of your own kind just as [He has willed that] among the beasts [there be] mates – to multiply you thereby: [but] there is nothing like unto Him, and He alone is all-hearing, all-seeing.” (Quran, 42:11)
- Be kind to your parents. Allah Almighty said in the Holy Quran in these words: “Worship Allah and associate nothing with him, and be good to parents and relatives.” (Quran, 4:36)
- Do not use Allah’s name in vain. “AND DO NOT allow your oaths in the name of God to become an obstacle to virtue and God-consciousness and the promotion of peace between men for God is all-hearing, all-knowing.” (Quran,2:224)
- You shall not murder. Allah Almighty says in the Noble Quran: “The believers are those who do not call upon another god alongside Allah or kill the soul which Allah has made sacred except by right of justice.” (Quran,25:68)
- Do not involve in adultery. Allah (SWT) commanded that: “And do not commit adultery-for, behold, it is an abomination and an evil way.” (Quran,17:32)
- Do not steal. Allah Almighty mentioned in the Holy Quran: “Do not consume the wealth of each other in falsehood.” (Quran, 2:188)
- Do not bear false witness against your neighbors. “O you who believe, fear Allah and always speak the truth.” (Quran, 33:70)
- Do not lie or give false testimony. Allah Almighty says in Holy Quran: “And do not conceal what you have witnessed – for, verily, he who conceals it is sinful at heart; and God has full knowledge of all that you do.” (Quran,2:283)
- Keep the Sabbath Holy. Allah (SWT) said in the Holy Quran: “O you who have attained to faith! When the call to prayer is sounded on the day of congregation, hasten to the remembrance of God, and leave all worldly commerce: this is for your own good if you but knew it.” (Quran,62:9)
May Almighty Allah help us to become a better a Muslim and follow the commandments given by Him! Ameen