Prophetic Narrations You Probably Have Never Heard: A Short Compilation
<img class = "alignright wp-image-21758" title = "Originally published in May 2012.
Part I | Part II
When I became more advanced in my Arabic studies, I plunged into reading Hadith (prophetic narratives) in the language spoken by our Messenger (may Allah bless him and welcome). The more I read, the more I realized how many stories we, as an English-speaking community, have never read or heard before. I began to mark and translate these stories, hoping to remind myself and share them with others.
Reading the words of the Prophet is like hearing them from his blessed lips. I feel the weight of his words, and I reflect on his wisdom. Each of the prophets of God had a special gift, and one of the gifts of our Messenger was "Jawami al-Qalam,“Short speech. He could say something with such great value in just a few words. His words are still important even after translation.
Unfortunately, it seems we have lost respect for HadithWe say: “the Prophet такое said such and such,” but his words do not affect us as we should. To get this respect for Hadith, we must remind ourselves who said it, these words. We must be filled with a sense of awe and love for him, reading his words (may Allah bless him and welcome).
reading Hadith also gives us the opportunity to spend time with our Messenger ﷺ. He is not here with us physically, but his words and actions, by God's blessings, were recorded for us by scholars of the past. In a famous incident, the scientist Ibn al-Mubarak, as is known, left his training circle immediately after its completion and went straight home alone. One day his friends asked him: “Isn't it lonely for you?” He replied: “How can I be lonely when I spend time with the Messenger and His Companions?”
Although there are many narratives that are not known in English, I chose a few that influenced me. I hope you will benefit from them like me (All stories were rated "authentic" or "good.")
- "The believer is friendly and cute * and there is nothing good about who is not friendly or disliked, and the best of them are the most beneficial for people ”(Sahih al-Jami)
- "When Allah wants good for his servant, He occupies with his work." The comrades asked: “And how does he take his work?” The Prophet ﷺ said: “He gives him the opportunity and the opportunity to do righteous deeds before his death, then He accepts his soul in this state” (Ahmad)
- "When Allah wants good for his servant, He purifies him until his death." The comrades asked: “And what is the cleansing for a slave?” The Prophet “said:“ The righteous deeds that Allah inspires for him until he dies from him. (Tabarani)
- Abu Inawa radiate Allah anhu (may God be pleased with him) said that the Prophet ﷺ said: “When Allah wants good for his servant, He makes him pleasant * "The companions asked:" And what makes it pleasant? "He said:" He opens his door to righteous deeds before him, then He takes his soul in this state "(Ahmad)
- "Indeed Shaytan (Satan) said: “My Lord, in your honor and power! I will not stop misleading my slaves as long as their souls remain in their bodies. ” So, Allah (swt) replied: "With my honor, power and majesty I will not cease to forgive them while they seek My forgiveness." (Ahmad)
- “With Allah, the treasures of good and evil, and their keys are people. So good news to the one who Allah makes the key to good and blocks evil. And destruction for the one who Allah makes the key for evil and blocking forever "(Tabarani)
- “Among people there are those who are the key to good and block evil. And from among people there are those who are the key to evil and blocking good. So good news to the one who Allah put the key into kindness in his hands, and the destruction to the one who Allah put the key into evil in his hands ”(ibn Maajah)
- “Most of the sins of Adam’s children are language” (Sahih al-Jami)
- “Protect your tongue, make your home enough to cover your privacy and cry about your wrong actions” (Sahih al-Jami)
- “Who among you can do a secret good deed, then he must do it” (Sahih al-Jami)
- "It is not right that a believer can humiliate himself." The comrades asked: “How can we humiliate ourselves?” He replied: “By putting yourself in a situation that you cannot cope with” (Tirmizi)
- "The Angel of the Left Raises [and holds] his pen for six hours from a Muslim servant of Allah who made a mistake or made a mistake. Therefore, if he regrets and seeks forgiveness from Allah, he returns it back, and if it is not, then it is written as one ”(Moojam al-Kabeer)
- “The good news is for someone who finds in his book (i.e., his own book of affairs) a lot istighfar (seeking forgiveness of Allah) ”(ibn Majah)
- "The Lord (swt) says:" He who is occupied with the Quranfrom memories (zikr) and from praying to Me, then I will certainly give it better than what I give to those who ask Me [and do not busy themselves with the Qur’an]. "(Tabarani)
- "Who will die and be free from three: arrogance, discontent and duty will enter Paradise" (Tirmizi)
- “Indeed, the status of a person will be raised in Paradise, and he will ask:“ How is it for me? "They will say to him:" Ask your child for forgiveness for you "(Ibn Maja)
- Aisha (may God be pleased with her) said: “I asked the Messenger of Allah about the verse:“ And those who gave what they give, with their hearts full of fear ”(Quran 23:60). asked: “Are those who drink wine and steal?” The Prophet replied: “No, the daughter of al-Siddiq (that is, Abu Bakr)! Rather, it is those who fast, and those who pray, and those who give alms, fearing that this (their deeds) will not be accepted from them. Those! They are those who chase in all that is good. "(Tirmizi)
- “Hellfire was forbidden to the eyes, which wept out of fear and in awe of Allah. Hellfire was forbidden to the eyes that were waking up and vigilantly (at night) on the Path of Allah. Hellfire was forbidden to the eyes, which turned away from what was forbidden by Allah "(Hakim)
- Umm Suleim (may God be pleased with her) came to the Prophet and said: "O Messenger of Allah, teach me some words that I can ask." He replied: “Glorify Allah (say Subhanallah) ten times, and praise Allah (say Alhamdulillah) ten times, and glorify Allah (say Allah Akbar) ten times, then ask about their necessity, of course, Allah will say: “Of course, I did it. Of course, I did it. ” (Ahmad)
- "Cleanse these bodies (i. E. Practice washing /voodoo) and Allah will cleanse you. Whenever a slave sleeps in a state of purification, the angel sleeps in his hair, and he does not turn over at night, except that he [the angel] says: "O Allah, forgive your servant, for he went to sleep cleansed" (Tabarani)
- Abu-Qatada (may God be pleased with him) said: “The funeral procession was passed by the Messenger of Allah, who said:“ With relief or relief? "People asked," O Prophet! What is easier and easier? "He said:" The believer is freed (from death) from the troubles and difficulties of the world and goes to the mercy of Allah, and (death) an evil man frees people, land, trees, (and) animals from him "(Bukhari)
- "When a slave says: laa ilaaha il allah wa allahu akbar“There is no god worthy of worship except Allah, and Allah is Great,” he said, “Allah (swt) will say:“ My servant has told the truth, there is no deity worthy of worship, except Himself, and I am Great. And when a slave says: laa ilaaa il Allah WahdahThere is no deity worthy of worship, except Allah One - He (Allah) said: “My servant has told the truth, there is no deity worthy of worship, except himself. And when he said: laa ilaaha il allah laa shareeka lahu-There is no god worthy of worship except Allah, He has no partner. He (Allah) said: “My servant told the truth, there is no deity worthy of worship except Himself, and I have no partner. And when he says: la la ilaaha il allah lahu al mulku wa lahu al hamdu- There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, for He is the Dominion, and for Him is Perfect Praise. He (Allah) said: “My servant said the truth: there is no deity worthy of worship, besides Himself and for Me” is the Dominion, and for Me is Perfect Praise. And when he said: la la ilaaha il allah wa la hawla wa la quwata ila billah- There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, and there is no power and strength except with Allah. He (Allah) said: “My servant said the truth: there is no deity worthy of worship except Himself, and there is no power other than Me. He who is given to them (these words) at the time of (death), fire will never touch him. ”(Ibn Majah)