10 Imam Ghazali Quotes That Every Muslim Should Know
Imam Ghazali Quotes – Today, I would like to share with you readers about Imam Ghazali, or also known as Abu Hamid al-Ghazali in Arabic.
A Scholar, Jurist, Theologian and A Philosopher
Imam Ghazali was one of the most influential Muslim after Prophet Muhammad (May Peace Be Upon Him). He has been acclaimed as Hujjat al-Islam (the Proof of Islam), Zain al-Din (the Ornament of Faith) and Mujaddid (the Renewer of Religion) – because of his works in intellectually debating against some of the most perilous ideas and philosophies that troubled the Muslims during the 11th century.
READ MORE: Inspirational & Beautiful Mufti Menk Quotes
Imam Ghazali’s Works
His works on the sciences, Islam philosophy and Sufism has brought him to produce more than 70 highly-acclaimed books such as:
- Incoherence of the Philosophers
- The Revival of Religious Science
- The Jerusalem Tract
- The Beginning of Guidance and many more
Without further ado, let’s look at the best 10 Imam Ghazali quotes.
Best 10 Imam Ghazali Quotes
1. Declare your jihad on thirteen enemies you cannot see – Egoism, Arrogance, Conceit, Selfishness, Greed, Lust, Intolerance, Anger, Lying, Cheating, Gossiping and Slandering. If you can master and destroy them, then will be ready to fight the enemy you can see. | Imam Ghazali
2. Do not allow your heart to take pleasure with the praises of people, nor be saddened by their condemnation. | Imam Ghazali
3. To get what you love, you must first be patient with what you hate. | Imam Ghazali
4. Knowledge without action is wastefulness and action without action is foolishness. | Imam Ghazali
5. Those who look for seashells will find seashells, those who open them will find pearls. | Imam Ghazali
6. Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me. | Imam Ghazali
7. Remember your contemporaries who have passed away and were your age. Remember the honors and fame they earned, the high posts they held, and the beautiful bodies they possessed. Today all of them are turned to dust. They have left orphans and widows behind them, their wealth is being wasted, and their houses turned into ruins. No sign of them is left today, and they lie in dark holes underneath the earth. Picture their faces before your mind’s eye and ponder. | Imam Ghazali
8. Half of disbelief in Allah in the world is caused by people who make religion look ugly due to their bad conduct and ignorance. | Imam Ghazali
READ MORE: 5 Quotes From The Quran To Keep You Calm
9. Neglect not your time, nor use it haphazardly; on the contrary you should bring yourself to account. Structure your litanies and other practices during each day and night. This is how to bring about the spiritual blessing (barakah) in each period. If each of your breaths is a priceless jewel, be not like the deceived fools who are joyous because each day their wealth increases while their life grows ever shorter. | Imam Ghazali
10. When you have a bad suspicion about a Muslim in your heart, you should increase your consideration toward him and make dua for him. This way you will infuriate Satan and will be able to drive him away. Because of this, Satan will be reluctant to put evil thoughts into your heart, afraid that you would increase your consideration towards your brother and will make dua for him again. | Imam Ghazali