Conditions that necessitate performance of Abulution (Wudhu)
Abulution (Wudhu) is a kind of Spiritual purification. It is a religious obligation which every Muslim must perform before undertaking some important religious tasks in Islam. we require ablution to be able to perform the following religious obligations:
- One must perform ablution to be able to offer Salat, either obligatory or voluntary (Nafil)
- One must be in a state of ablution to be able to handle Quran
- One must perform ablution when he want to offer salat on a dead Muslim
- One must be in a state of ablution when offering supplications to Allah.
- One must perform ablution to be able to recite Quran.
How To Perform Ablution (Wudhu)
Performace of ablution (Wudhu) follow a process. Therefore, no step in the process must be omitted, else the ablution has become void. Stated below are the steps involved in the process of ablution.
The first step in the process of ablution is to make intention (Niyyah) that one intends to perform ablution for the sake of Allah. This is only done by heart.
Then, you should recite: Bismillah Rahamaan Raheem (In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, and the Merciful). If you forget to say this statement, the ablution is void.
- You must wash your both hands from tips of the fingers to your wrists, three times
- You must rinse your mouth three times with water
- You must draw water into your nostrils with the right hand and blow the water out with the left hand three times.
- You must must wash your faces from the forehand to the chin three times. You must allow water to reach both sides of your face.
- You must wash the right hand to the elbow three times and reapet the same process with the left hand thrice.
- You must wipe water over your head back and forth once.
- You must your forefinger and thumb to wipe your inner and outer parts of ears at the same time with water
- You must wash the right foot up to the ankle including the toes and spaces between toes, You must reapeat same process for the left foot, and make sure water circulate all the mention areas.
- When you finish all the process of ablution, you need to recite the following prayers:
“Ash-hadu an la ilaha illa Allahu wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa Rasuluhu.”
“I bear witness that thereis no god worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammed is His messenger and Prophet.”
In an Hadith related by Abu Da’ud, he reported that Prophet Muhammed (SAW) says:
“Whoever performs a perfect ablution and recites Kalimatul Shahada, (Ash-hadu an la ilaha illa Allahu wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa Rasuluhu.), then all the eight doors of heaven are thrust open for him, he may enter from whichever door he likes.”
Here are some Acts that spoil Ablution
- After you have performed ablution, some actions render the ablution void or invalid.
- When you discharge faeces, urine, menstrual blood and semen, ablution is spoilt.
- When there is physical contact between two naked opposite sex, ablution is spoilt.
- When one faints or loses consciousness, ablution spoilt.
- When a man or woman touches his/her private parts, ablution is spoilt.
- When one gets intoxicated through drinking of alcohol or drugs, ablution is spoilt.
- When one falls into a heavy sleep, ablution spoilt.
READ HERE how to perform Tayammum…