COVID-19: Libya reopens mosques after seven months

0 3

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

LIBYA’S General Authority of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs said mosques “will reopen for all prayers starting next Friday” after over seven months of closure due to coronavirus pandemic.

The Authority said in a statement that the decision to reopen mosques came after thorough consultations with the High Commission for Coronavirus Response.

The Authority requested that mosque-goers take all necessary precautionary measures in order to limit the risk of coronavirus spread at mosques, asking administrative committees at mosques to take the needed measures ahead of the reopening.

Mosques shut down last March as part of COVID-19 response scheme of the government, whose National Center for Disease Control registered over 38,000 cases – 602 of whom died and over 15,000 others recovered.

ICYMI: We’II Deal With Those Planning To Disrupt Ondo Election ― Police

Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police, Leye Oyebade has sounded a note of warning to political thugs planning to disrupt the peace of this Saturday’s governorship election in Ondo State, saying the police would deal with anyone or group of people found culpable.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

TRENDING: Kaduna Govt Names Nuhu Bamalli New Emir Of Zazzau

The Kaduna State Government on Wednesday announced the appointment of Alhaji Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli as the 19th Emir of Zazzau. He succeeds Alhaji Shehu Idris who died on Sunday, 20th September, after reigning for 45 years.

[ICYMI] Missing Boy: Court Sentences Sotitobire Founder To Life Imprisonment

The Ondo State High Court, sitting in Akure, on Tuesday, sentenced the Founder and General Overseer of Sotitobire Praising Chapel, Akure, Prophet Babatunde Alfa, to life imprisonment over the disappearance of one year toddler, Gold Kolawole, during Sunday service in his church last year.

ICYMI: We’II Deal With Those Planning To Disrupt Ondo Election ― Police

Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police, Leye Oyebade has sounded a note of warning to political thugs planning to disrupt the peace of this Saturday’s governorship election in Ondo State, saying the police would deal with anyone or group of people found culpable.

Read Original Report Here By Tribune Ng

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy