Al-Ka’as fountain: Al-Kaas is a fountain of ablution, which was built by Sultan Ayubi al-Adel Abu Bakr bin Ayyub in 1193 AD (589 AH). It is a round pool surrounded by an adorned iron fence surrounded by stone stools.
READ MORE: Maqam of Prophet Musa (upon him be peace)
It contains a central fountain and a row of side taps used for ablution. Al-Kaas was once repaired by Sultan Qaitbay, and the last – by Prince Tarkz An-Nasiri in 1327 AD (728 AH).