Source: journalpioneer.com | The Journal Pioneer
CONCEPTION BAY SOUTH, N.L. —
After teenage vandals hit the Baitul Ehsaan Mosque last week, Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama`at Canada says there was an outpouring of financial support from the community at large.
Rather than use those funds to repair damage to the mosque, which is still under construction, the group is directing all those funds to Boys and Girls Clubs of St. John’s.
“In line with the teachings of Islam and the practice of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama`at Canada has forgiven the perpetrators of this act of vandalism and is using the incident to help build bridges of understanding in the community,” they wrote in a press release.
“The Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama`at Canada has built mosques across the country to build bridges with Canadians. These mosques serve as a source of community gathering, peace, acceptance and multiculturalism.”
Introduction of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community:
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is a dynamic, fast growing international revival movement within Islam emphasizing its essential teachings of peace, love, justice, and sanctity of life. Founded in 1889, it spans over 213 countries worldwide with membership exceeding tens of millions. Its current headquarters are in the UK.
– AMC categorically rejects terrorism in every form.
– AMC advocates universal human rights for all irrespective of caste, creed, color & nationality.
– AMC promotes gender equality and champions empowerment of women.
– Its members are among the most peaceful, law-abiding, educated, non-violent & progressive Muslims.
– It’s humanitarian wing “Humanity First” is always forefront to help the disaster struck and the needy all over the world.
Ahmadiyya Muslim Community – People of the Promised Prophet:
The AMC is the only Islamic organization to believe that the long-awaited Messiah of all religions and the Imam Mahdi of Muslims whose advent was foretold by the His Holiness Prophet Muhammad (saw) has come in the person of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) of Qadian.
Know the Ahmadiyya Muslims – True followers of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)
Official website: www.alislam.org