How To Convert To Islam: Accepting Islam is easy. This article will talk about how to become a Muslim, tell a little about Islam, the religion of 1.7 billion people, and list some of the benefits of accept Islam.
Islam and Muslims
The Arabic word “Islam” is translated as “obedience” and is derived from the word for “peace.” Thus, according to the religion of Islam, in order to gain peace and confidence, a person must obey God and live by His Law.
Islam is not a new faith, because “obedience to the will of the Allah (GOD)” (ie Islam) has always been the only acceptable religion by God. For this reason, Islam is genuine “natural religion”. it is the same religion, for many centuries, was sent down to all the prophets and messengers of God. The main message teachings by all prophets sent by Allah is always remained Allah (GOD) is the only One, He should be worshiped. With this message came the first prophet Adam and the rest after him, including Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, John the Baptist, Jesus, peace be with them. The Most High says in the Quran:
“And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad SAW) but We inspired him (saying): Lâ ilâha illa Ana [none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allâh)], so worship Me (Alone and none else).” (Quran 21:25).
However, over time, the true message of the prophets was lost or distorted. Even the Torah and the Gospel were falsified, and can no longer serve as a reliable guide of God. That is why, 600 years after Jesus (peace be upon him), the Lord revived the lost teachings of the preceding prophets, sending the Prophet Muhammad, (SAW), with the last Revelation for all mankind. Since the Prophet Muhammad was the last, the Allah Himself made a promise to keep His last revealed words until the Last Day. Now every person is obliged to believe and submit to this final message from God. The Allah says in the Qur’an:
“And We have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most of men know not.” (Quran 34:28).
“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.” (Quran 3:85).
The word “Muslim” in translation means “one who obeyed the will of God.” regardless of his/her race, ethnic background, or nationality. Therefore, anyone who is ready to fully obey the Allah may be called a Muslim.
The merits of adopting Islam
There are many advantages of Islam and it is impossible to list them all, here are just a few of them:
- In Islam, a person speaks to Allah (God) directly, without any intermediaries. As a result, a personal relationship is formed with Him and the person is constantly aware that the God is watching, knows everything about him and is always ready to help.
- After adopting Islam, all previous sins are forgiven. He starts life from scratch. Already being a Muslim, having stumbled again, a person can always repent before God, and He always forgives those who repent sincerely. You are not required to go to someone (besides God) and confess your sins in order to receive forgiveness.
- The person finally understands the true purpose of life: to know God and serve Him.
- A person finds true happiness and tranquility.
- A person receives divine guidance, it will illuminate his life path. Islam has all the answers. A person will always know which solution is right in a given situation.
- By becoming a Muslim, a man saves himself from the Fire, which all the prophets warned against.
- The most important advantage is that the God promises to Muslims eternal life in Paradise, where there is no place for sorrow and pain. The Lord will be pleased with the Muslims, and they will be pleased with Him. Even the inhabitants of the lower level of Paradise will receive ten times more benefits than in this world. In Paradise, people expect benefits that the eye has not seen, the ear has not heard, and the mind could not imagine. This will be real life – not only spiritual, but also physical.
To learn more about the benefits of adopting Islam, you can read this article: “10 Incredible Benefits Of Converting To Islam”
How To Accept Islam And Become A Muslim – Testimony of Faith (Shahada)
Becoming a Muslim is quite simple and easy. All that needs to be done for this is to pronounce one sentence (it is called the Certificate of Faith – Shahada), and it sounds like this:
“I testify“ La ilaha illa-Llah, Muhammad rasul-Lah ”.”
These Arabic words in translation mean “There is no true god (deity worthy of worship), except God (Allah), and Muhammad is the messenger of God.” Having said the words of the testimony of faith (Shahada) with conviction and understanding of their meaning, a person becomes a Muslim.
The first part, “There is no god except Allah,” means that no one deserves worship except God alone, and the Lord himself has no companions or a son. The second part means that Muhammad was indeed a Messenger sent by God to humanity.
In order to be a Muslim, you also need:
- To believe that the Holy Quran is the word of God sent by Him.
- To believe that the Day of Judgment (the day of resurrection after death) is the truth, it will surely come, as the Lord promised in the Quran.
- To believe in the prophets whom the Lord sent, in the Scriptures, which He sent down, and also in His angels.
- Consider Islam as your religion.
- Do not worship anyone and nothing but Allah (God).
That’s so easy! To hear how to pronounce the words of the Testimony (Shahada), ask any Muslim around you to pronounce this for you. or you can also contact us for more assistant.
You can convert to Islam on your own, but it is much more preferable to meet good Muslim He can assist in correctly pronouncing the Testimony of the Faith, as well as providing important information tailored specifically for new Muslim converts. In addition, he will advise where it is better to begin the study of his new religion. or you can also contact us for more assistant.
You are not alone (By Accept Islam)
If, following our instructions, you yourself embraced Islam, then you are not alone! 1.7 billion people practice this religion. If you want to learn more about Islam, we recommend using the “Contact us” form.
Congratulations on making the right decision and welcome to Islam. We are glad and always ready to help you!
Accept Islam: Sometimes something forces people to postpone the adoption of Islam, even when they are sure that this is the path to God. There are different excuses: you need to learn some Arabic, notify your relatives, meet Muslims, etc. In fact, there can be no “valid” reason to delay the conversion to Islam.
For those who still doubt
Islam claims itself the true path to God. Only reasonable and strong evidence gives one ideology an advantage over the others. Therefore, in an effort to find “the very religion”, a person should carefully examine its arguments, weigh, reflect and make an informed decision. In your search for a path, do not fool yourself and always sincerely seek to obtain the help and satisfaction of the Most High.
If a person still doubts the correctness of Islam, let him get accustomed to his arguments. It is the only religion based not on “naked and blind” faith, but appealing to common sense.
Accept Islam: The evidence of Islam is abundant. Among others: the scientific arguments in the Quran, the wonders of the Prophet Muhammad and the prediction of previous Scriptures about his coming, the already fulfilled prophecies of the Quran, the challenge of the Almighty (in the Quran), which no one has accepted, as well as great wisdom in the teachings and laws of Islam affecting everyone aspect of our life. You can learn more about this topic from the “Evidence of the Truth of Islam” column.
The choice of religion made today determines what our lives will be in the future and in eternity. Therefore, treat it with due responsibility.